Allows for the simple embeding of Google Maps in posts. This is done using shortcodes.
[simple-map]1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA[/simple-map]
will drop in a map with a marker on Google’s California headquarters.
- height: The height of the resulting map. Defaults to “512″.
- width: The width of the resulting map. Defaults to “512″.
- color: The color of the marker. Defaults to “red”.
- label: Will accept any single character uppercase letter to use as the symbol in the marker. Defaults to a dot.
- zoom: The zoom level of the resulting map. Defaults to 15.
- maptype: Determines the format of the map. Defaults to “roadmap”. Will accept “roadmap”, “satellite”, “terrain”, or “hybrid”.
For more information, take a look at the Google Static Maps API.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you make this plugin if there are already other map plugins with more features?
I wanted a really simple wrapper plugin for the Google Static Maps API. http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/staticmaps/